Goal: Develop community models and technology tools to improve access to justice for veterans and those who aim to support them.
Tech for Justice Hackathon+ Veterans will bring together Nonprofit Advocates, Legal Aid Organizations, Private Lawyers, Technologists, Students, Educators, Counselors, Activists, Businesses, Entrepreneurs, Public Housing Officials, State and City Representatives, Judges, and more, to come up with innovative and transparent solutions, supporting technologies, and plans for implementation with initiative collaborators and partners.
Who you are helping:
- Veterans who need legal support and other resource help for problems such as lack of benefits, housing & homelessness, psychological problems, domestic violence, employment, criminal justice and more.
- Legal Aid offices that aim to provide free legal help to veterans, but are overburdened by expensive and time consuming processes.
- Advocates who aim to find new ways to support veterans.
Where: There are 3 ways to attend.
- Hilton Chicago – Salon B, 720 S. Michigan Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60605
- Station Houston, 1301 Fannin Street Suite 2440 Houston, TX 77002
- Virtual option as well
- March 11-17: Virtual participation
- March 11-12:Houston location onsite participation
- March 15: Hackers can attend the TECHSHOW reception (more details to come)
- March 16-17: Chicago location onsite participation
- March 17: Chicago and Houston location onsite participation, judging, and closing awards
- March 18: Recap during Saturday TECHSHOW plenary
- Not sure what a hackathon is? Visit our guide! Hackathon Guide
Registration formpowered by Typeform
If you are physically attending the hackathon in Chicago, please register here as well: techshow.com/pricing (remember to choose the free “EXPO Only Pass” as the registration type, this will allow you to enter the hackathon floor).
For the rules, prizes, judging criteria, and to post projects the day of the hackathon, click below.
Join the conversation!
Learn about available sponsorship and support opportunities by reaching out to Christy Leos at firstname.lastname@example.org or support through Indiegogo!